Hello and welcome to my site.
If you’re looking for the DIY site that I run, don’t worry. It’s still up and running. That page has moved to www.thepaullingworkshop.com and this is now my personal landing page.
A quick rundown of me:
- I grew up in Kansas City, then went to Clemson University and graduated in 2010 with degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics
- I got married to my wife Hannah in 2011
- We moved to Dallas in 2012
- I’ve worked in Civil Engineering/City Planning, Mechanical Engineering, and Chemical Engineering jobs since we’ve been here, and am currently an engineering project manager for a small company.
Engineering Project Manager
- Project Management – I lead a team of engineers in 4 different time zones and coordinate information and tasks between everyone. I keep track of shifting priorities and allocate time and resources based on the most important tasks. I also contact vendors for quotes and manage part ordering for our research team.
- Timeline Management – I use Microsoft Project to define work schedules, tasks, and project development which the engineering teams use as a baseline for their day to day work. I make sure items are completed on time and use Sharepoint to keep a live dashboard of the progress.
- Information Management – I facilitate information between the design, engineering, lab, shipping, and software teams so that I can answer questions and use the information from each group to present updates to the board every week. I also control the release of information to non-essential parties to prevent sensitive IP information from being dispersed.
- Tech Support – I manage our Windows Server 2012 and control permissions, email, users, backups, and updates for all software. I have upgraded the network to include redundant internet sources and backup power systems. I have implemented a network of wireless security cameras for on premises monitoring. I also manage the Sharepoint and Exchange servers and have built a collection of internal websites for sharing and working on documents remotely and with live editing.
Project Manager / Detailer
- Project Management – Managed nearly 100 Sealed Expansion Joint projects, timelines, and 4 personnel
- Cost Reduction – When I started, production of SEJ was 22 min/ft. When I left it was 11.5 min/ft and our output had nearly doubled. We had to open a second site for production because this product has become so profitable.
- Cad Drafting – Design of nearly 160 steel highway rail, expansion joints, and BMCS projects using AutoCAD
- Standard Engineering Practice and Knowledge – Analysis of bridge, overpass, and highway blueprint plans
- Operations Management – I maintained continual contact with contractors to ensure optimal product and delivery. Initial production was 1500 ft/month and demand was 2500 ft/ month. To keep everyone happy and on schedule, I called all customers and worked out delivery plans to ensure enough material was on hand at each site to keep crews working without delay.
Mid South Engineering
Mechanical Engineer / Designer
- Civil/Piping/Structural/Mechanical Design – Conveyors, Silos, Concrete Foundations, Material Processing
- Cad Drafting – Produced design and working level drawings for site layouts and material processing flow.
- Cost Analysis – Developed, budgeted, and implemented capital plans with senior engineers
- On-Site Engineering – Coordinated with Project Engineers and Clients and traveled to sites to verify design accuracy and implementation
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Minor in Mathematics
Senior Level Research on the NASA Tweel Project & the BMW X5 development
Passed the EIT Exam the summer after I graduated in preparation for a Civil Engineering job.
EIT License #7981
Additional Awards and Education
Abney Foundation Scholorship
Palmetto Fellows Honors Grant
National S.M.A.R.T. Grant
Calhoun Honor College