My wife and I use headphones quite a bit and sometimes they just get in the way laying around on a desk when you’re trying to do something. So this quick and easy build provides a dedicated place for them to hang in the corner where they are both easily accessible and out of the way. So if you’ve got a few parts and a couple hours, you can put this together real quick.
How to Build
This is a quick build. There are just a couple of steps.
- Cut each board to the sizes listed in the required parts. Feel free to give the boards a little character with some beveling or angled cuts.
- Make a mark in the exact center of the bottom board 1″, 2″, and 3″ from the back edge. Use a drill press or a drill with the 1/2″ forstner bit to make a hole in each spot.
- Do the same process with the top board: 1″, 2″, and 3″ from one edge.
- Sand each board down till everything is smooth.
- Stain both pieces of wood.
- While they are drying, make a mark 10″ down from the end of the of the copper pipe and take the pipe cutter and cut the 10″ piece. Do the same with 2 more pieces so you have 3.
- Polish the copper pipes with the steel wool until they are nice and shiny.
- Glue the copper pipes into the slots on both pieces of wood and make sure both boards are straight. When the glue dries, you’ll be done and they will be permanently in that position.